Cookie Statement – The Ritz
What are cookies?
These are small text files that are placed by your browser on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
What kind of cookies do we place?
- We use this to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements that you see on Facebook and Instagram. We mainly keep track of the number of bookings, interactions on the website and the number of website visitors, who were generated by our Facebook and Instagram posts and advertising. We do not use mailing lists for this.
- We use this to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements that you see on the Google network. These advertisements can be found on various websites within Google, in the Google search engine, but also within certain applications on your phone or on the YouTube platform. We ultimately only see information from people who visit our website. Here too, we only look at the number of bookings, interactions on the website and the number of website visitors resulting from the Google ads.
- In order to further improve the quality of our website, we look at the behavior of visitors to our website. This data is anonymised, which means that we can never trace the behavior back to a specific person. We look at, among other things, the bounce behavior (how quickly visitors leave our website), the average session duration (how long visitors stay on the website on average) and the number of sessions (how often our website is visited).
You can easily delete cookies via your browser. You can read how to do that below:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Mozilla FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09